So, this was breakfast this morning. Pat said it was quite tasty. If you'd like to find out for yourself, it goes like this:
1) Make some toast. If you've got any questions at this point, perhaps you should consider a different endeavour. Cooking may not be for you. I originally wanted to use a bed of quinoa, but that didn't work out the way I was hoping, so I defaulted to toast. Use a whole grain bread for interest, flavour, and texture. This was flax seed and chia, so it's about as trendy a bread as there is right now. I buttered it. You might not, but I like butter. So there.
2) Slice an avocado. Spritz it with lime, you know, as you do. Lay the slices on the toast.
3) Saute some mushrooms in olive oil and crushed garlic until they are slightly crispy. Lay those out on top of the avocado.
4) Slice a tomato. Top the tomato slices with grated Beemster cheese and place under the broiler for a couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are softened. Place the cheesy tomato slices on top of the mushrooms, on top of the avocado, on top of the toast. On top of the house that Jack built. OK, maybe not that last bit.
5) Top that stack with a couple of lightly poached eggs. I like runny yolks. You can cook your eggs the way you like them. I won't judge.
6) Sprinkle with sliced green onions that have been brined for a while in rice wine vinegar and red chili flakes. Lightly season with coarse salt. I have a pink Himalayan salt I like. But, then again, I'm not insecure about my sexuality.
7) Eat. We had coffee with it, but I really thought it deserved red wine. Your call.