February 01, 2009

A Rare Sunday Seven

From Patrick's Place.

I don't participate in Patrick's memes (the Saturday Six and the Sunday Seven) very often, but once in a while one of his topics piques my interest. Here is the Patrick's Place Sunday Seven for Superbowl Sunday, 2009:

Name your seven favorite sports-related films.

(in no particular order)

1) Field of Dreams - "Hey Dad? You wanna have a catch?" There was a time when Keven Costner could do no wrong.
2) Bull Durham - "C'mon Meat, throw me that weak-ass shit!" See above.
3) Rollerball - "There aren't any rules at all." The original, of course. No stupid Shaquille O'Neal remakes.
4) Rocky - "Ain't gonna be no rematch." Uh huh.
5) The Longest Yard - "I don't think the guards know this formation. It's called 'incidental punishment after the ball is blown dead.'" - Again, the original (although the remake wasn't a complete write-off).
6) Major League - "Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair." - Not the best movie ever, but it was this, or Jerry Maguire, and quite frankly, I didn't want to use that quotation. You know the one.
7) Slap Shot - "Look at that. You can't see that, I'm on radio." Had to have one hockey movie on the list, didn't I?

I know what you're gonna say. You're gonna say, "what about Men With Brooms? How can you not include the world's only curling movie on your list?" Simple really. I haven't seen it.


3 comments:

K Dubs said...

Totally forgot Rollerball in the list of movies that I did! Great list - I actually have Slap Shot, but haven't watched it yet. Go figure :)

natalie said...

fun list Paulo!
natalie

Anonymous said...

How about Everybody's All-American - Dennis Quaid, Jessica Lange - I think that's my favorite sports movie.